Details: Independent Study K-6
For students who want a parent to provide most of the learning support using district provided software and a teacher who meets with each family monthly.
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Parent acts as instructional guide (learning coach) using district purchased software.
- Teacher of record (Mentor) will monitor weekly progress and will check in with student and parent monthly.
- Students will participate in district standardized testing.
- Software is adaptive to meet student learning needs.
- Students can work ahead at parents’ discretion.
- Students are expected to maintain grade level pacing as outlined by software provider guidelines.
- Students that are behind grade level pacing, must engage in a minimum of 4 hours per day in core content areas.
- Parents will create an enrichment/remediation plan which includes instructional activities to supplement student learning. This plan will be approved by the teacher of record.
- Students who have not been active in a course for ten school days may be dropped from the course.
- Students with a 504 plan or SPED Individualized Education Plan will have their accommodations provided.
- Prior to enrolling with Davis Connect, IEP team at the boundary school will meet to determine appropriate service.
- Optional in-person activities, field trips, STEM and art, will be scheduled in accordance with county health guidelines.