Details: Parent/Guardian Led Software Option
For students who want a parent to provide the learning support using district provided software and a teacher who meets with each family for teaching support.
Day Before School Letter Coming Soon
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Parents are the primary instructor (learning coach) and use district purchased software. Calvert Learning Parent Resources for K-5 and Edmentum Courseware for 6-8
- Software is aligned with Utah state core requirements
- Work time is flexible to fit the family and students needs and schedules.
- Students are expected to maintain grade level pacing as outlined by software provider guidelines.
- Students that are behind grade level pacing, will create an academic plan with the teacher mentor to bring the student up to pacing expectations..
- Parents will create an enrichment/remediation plan which includes instructional activities to supplement student learning. This plan will be submitted by the teacher mentor.
- Students who have not been active in a course for ten school days may be dropped from the course.
- Students with a 504 plan or SPED Individualized Education Plan will have their accommodations provided.
- The IEP team, that may include the students boundary school, will meet to determine appropriate service .
- Optional in-person activities, field trips, STEM and art, will be scheduled in accordance with county health guidelines.