Details: Independent Study K-6
(Enrollment for Term 2 will open mid-September)
For students who want a parent to provide the learning support using district provided software and a teacher who meets with each family monthly.
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Parents are the primary instructor (learning coach) and use district purchased software. Calvert Learning Parent Resources
- Software is aligned with Utah state core requirements
- Students can work ahead at parents’ discretion.
- Students are expected to maintain grade level pacing as outlined by software provider guidelines.
- Students that are behind grade level pacing, must engage in a minimum of 4 hours per day in core content areas.
- Parents will create an enrichment/remediation plan which includes instructional activities to supplement student learning. This plan will be submitted by the teacher of record.
- Students who have not been active in a course for ten school days may be dropped from the course.
- Students with a 504 plan or SPED Individualized Education Plan will have their accommodations provided.
- The IEP team, that may include the students boundary school, will meet to determine appropriate service .
- Optional in-person activities, field trips, STEM and art, will be scheduled in accordance with county health guidelines.